Collected Alchemy 2.0 UX/UI Feedback

https://t.me/c/1171640707/9231

@Pat My biggest complaint is you can’t open the proposal URL from the main screen.

https://t.me/c/1171640707/9242

@YehonatanG [In reply to Adam Levi]
for me the main issue is that with the list view (like in the history tab on earth) my brain can instantly analyze the list because information from the same category appears in columns (title, votes, stakes etc). With the cards it is significantly harder to get a birds eye view of the overall proposals situation and prioritize action

https://t.me/c/1171640707/9244

@Stratis [In reply to Yehonatan Goldman]
yeah exactly - more difficult to “scan” through proposals with cards.

Maybe cards will best best used for schemes and when you click on a scheme you will see a list of proposals in a separate screen

schemes are like menu items and it would make sense to have them be cards (like you have app icons on your phone)

Weekly Genesis Digests

@AdrienBe Hi, it would be great to have the mininum GEN required for boosting just below the input field to avoid confusion

1 Like

On Alchemy, I notice I can see ‘my actions’ on the history of proposals— is there a way to isolate and see all of the actions I have taken and that I have pending? This would be a key/integral filter I need to keep track of my status and pending stakes, and what I have voted for etc.

1 Like

UI suggestion: Currently “Threshold to Boost” has become one of the most important data points for the user and should have prime real state in the UI - ideally it should be always visible - as this is the true engine of the utility of gen. It’s also very dynamic and hard to understand to the average human.

With the new “attention economy” dynamics in Earth, where Proposals have to beat pending ‘purgatory’ maybe more than once in their lifetime all the while asking for more and more Gen and creating situations like we have now where the majority of the regular/pending proposals have more staked on them then the ones boosted, but are still at risk of getting stuck in regular as others move up
slowly - all the while all the community still has to wait 2 or 4 days for current proposal to pass, creating a bureaucratic governance gridlock of sorts. All it took to freeze the DAO was 7 boosted proposals in a 140 people DAO.

It took me a relatively large amount of calculating to realise that the DAO does not need me right now - I’m interested in finding ways I could see this at a glance. As a user / educator of users I feel that Earth has introduced 2 challenges worthy of tackling:

• it feels that the main interaction mechanism with the DAO changed from voting to staking.
  • with the current settings the DAO is significantly slower and Gen Hungrier - proposers need to not only Stake but Stalk their proposals making calculations themselves on this ever changing threshold to make sure they’ve given their proposals a healthy enough supply of Gen to make it to boosted, turning way up the feeling of a Pay 2 Play governance situation, which might be great for the gen economy and collective intelligence outcomes in the end but right now is creating heartbraking UX experiences for users.

Given that as new proposals make out of Pending Purgatory and join boosted if they have enough Gen on their backs, their cohorts can be knocked down by the changing ‘to boost threshold’ function messing up peoples planned work hours, etc: I’ll apply more thought to the emotional experience of “Working for a DAO” and which parameters do we want to have in mind as we design, but here’s one idea for now:

It would be very fruitful to create a visual dynamic where proposals about to be knocked down to regular could/should somehow communicate that they are “hungry for relevance” and proposals that have solid gen backing communicate their “health” at a glance. This would simplify the educational challenge ahead and stimulate users to stake on other proposals rather than their own.

2 Likes

From the bugs reporting doc / starship troopers meme stash:

Feedback Weight (1=low 5=high) Names
No way to access proposal doc straight from card. Link too small in the proposal page itself. This link should be the most accessible of all visuals (given that the dao can’t make good decisions if people don’t read the proposals themselves) 4 felipe + Fran, Kate, Pedro
Cannot see if a proposal has comments on it – no signal that it is contentious 2 Pat
Attachment is too small and hidden. Link to proposal should be large and visible and be easily accessed from the main page 5 Nave
1 Like
Weekly Genesis Digests
Weekly Genesis Digests
Weekly Genesis Digests

Hi, no specific UX recommendations in this post. More of a general observation, which could be based on wrong assumptions. I am only looking from afar.

The webapp as it now looks very much like the two-dimensional designs that i saw months ago. In my experience designs tend to evolve when you start coding and testing. It seems as if the design was made, approved, and then a team of coders got to work implementing it.

I imagine the team is still in bug fixing mode, mostly making sure the data accurately propagates through the app.

When that’s done and you recognise what i say, do have a meeting about incorporating design into the team. Like having a UX/designer within the team. And/or work with pattern libraries. That would greatly benefit the evolutionary development process.

Best wishes, Joera

2 Likes

When choosing TUSD as one of the rewarded tokens, it shows a question mark in the proposal.

cf screenshot below & the relevant proposal on the GenesisDAO.

Note: you might want to double check this does not happen with other “custom tokens” too

And a couple of suggestions for styling improvements.

Note: that’s the x-browser CSS-only solution for truncating long text with ellipsis (pay attention to the author of the answer ;])

Here are some features that are needed in order to make Alchemy much more engaging.

As a user I would like to see any user’s “proposal submission history”.

1/ An initial step would be to simply list all the proposals a given user has submitted.
2/ A second step would be to be able to sort these proposals by various criteria (submitted date, status [being voted on, boosted, failed, passed], staked amount, etc)

As a user I want to be notified when my proposal gets interacted with (voted on or staked on).

1/ An initial step would be to simply put that notification within Alchemy itself (i.e. via something like Bootstrap Alerts)
2/ A second step would be to allow users to receive that notification via email

Disclaimer: similar to the above, especially useful if very keen on seeing a proposal (that one didn’t submit) to pass or fail.

As a user I want to be notified when a proposal that I choose to follow gets interacted with (voted on or staked on).

1/ An initial step would be to simply put that notification within Alchemy itself (i.e. via something like Bootstrap Alerts)

As a user I want to be notified when my proposal enters or exit the “boosted” queue.

Again, the same comments as in the past 2 suggested features:

Disclaimer: similar to the above, especially useful if very keen on seeing a proposal (that one didn’t submit) pass or fail quickly.

As a user I want to be notified when a proposal that I choose to follow enters or exit the “boosted” queue.

Again, the same comments as in the past 3 suggested features:

I’ve opened up an issue in response to this.

1 Like

The Alchemy UX could do with a few hints for people to learn to use Alchemy & understand how the whole system works as they go (vs reading lengthy articles).

There are many “website guide” library for that, such as http://bootstraptour.com and more.