Below is a scope of work to be done from 2/1 - 3/31 for Caney Fork LLC. I am powers_chris on keybase & telegram, Powers on the forum and Discord and “Chris” on calls. This proposal is two weeks late.
I’ve included a scope of work followed by some reflections on my performance.
Scope of work as segmented by Squad
- Governance (50%)
- Organize, set agenda and take notes for weekly governance calls, organized under #Governance tag.
- Enable greater xDai usage for governance proposals to reduce mainnet gas costs
- Iterate on contributor guidelines with Pulp, seek out additional HR help
- Push forward Gov 2.0 initiative, Budget & squad documentation and DXD buyback process, seek out treasury/portfolio manager
- Research long-term dividend or DXD value accrual process; investigate other signalling and governance improvements; explore Governance scalability efforts on Arbitrum and other chains
- Goals and Deliverables: Gov 2.0 proposal (finally submitted), a completed DXD buyback process, all worker proposals done on xDai, job descriptions for HR & treasury/portfolio manager, inklings of a “Bonding Curve Research” working group
- Swapr/Ecosystem and Product development (30%)
- Orangize, set agenda and take notes for weekly Product strategy calls
- Work with Zett and Swapr team on Swapr strategy, investigate Layer 2 developments, facilitate DXdao liquidity in Swapr (mainnet and elsewhere)
- Further Omen Guild and OMN token discussion
- Goals and deliverables: $2m of DXdao liquidity in Swapr, Swapr on xDai and OMN token launch (goal of April 15)
- Biz Dev/Marketing/Community (20%)
- Work with Keenan and write ‘Month in Review’ to give updates across product, governance and community.
- Drive “Governance 2.0” narrative with a separate blog post
- Work with Sky on partner outreach and relationships
- Goals and deliverables: February’s month in review by first week in March, Governance 2.0 blog post in March, enhanced DXdao visibility
Reflection on previous proposals:
In looking back at those, things I think I did well:
- ‘Month in Review’ and content production. Month in Review is now in its 5th month and a consistent process is starting to form with Keenan. I also think the Arbitrum announcement worked well.
- Budget - I thought the work done with John and Pulp was helpful in planning out the next few months of DXdao expenditures. A lot of this is because of the organic growth and development of surprisingly complete Product Teams and more focus on where we are going. I think we should have a similar budget meeting at least once a quarter. I still need to submit updates to last Thursday’s presentation.
- Governance & Product strategy calls - nothing fancy, but managing these has been an important part of my scope! Feedback on improvements welcome.
Somethings I thought I did okay
- Contributor guidelines, which Pulp has done the heavy lifting for, further the structure around DXdao compensation and ease the onboarding process. I say okay because it’s clear that it is just scratching the surface and a lot more work needs to be done. It’s hard to build structure and processes but we need to strike a balance, particularly as we expand. We need to make the worker proposal process less stressful (gas savings should help!). We should consider a full-time HR person to help
- Governance 2.0 - The community is inching towards a consensus on a new governance system, with (what I feel like) is broad agreement on the major parameters. I’m hoping that final text will be approved in the coming days and a signal proposal sent by the end of the week. I think okay because it has taken longer than expected.
Somethings I did not do well
- Tardiness & Speed of execution - things take longer than I think and I need to be better at balancing my work load. Sometimes it’s to juggle a conflicting priority - this proposal is two weeks late, in part because I wanted to wait until there was clarity on Gov 2.0 and Budget stuff, but I can’t let “Perfect be the enemy of good”, especially with internal documents meant to update and gather a response.
- Revenue & product positioning - we do not have any meaningful revenue yet. While I don’t think that is weird, considering it’s been 8 months since the products launched and a little more than that since funds were raised, I am still disappointed that our products haven’t been able to participate in the growth of the bull market. I think Governance took up too much mindshare and I think it can be more focused on the products. Debate and discussion are good, but we/I can be more lean & focused.
- DXdao narrative in the industry - I think DXdao could be a more prominent voice in the space, and I think I could be more active promoting it on Twitter and elsewhere.
- I shouldn’t have taken my last worker proposal in USDC. Just realizing it would have been better for treasury diversification reasons to take salary in ETH if a contributor can stomach the risk. I was too excited about getting paid in stablecoins that I didn’t think to just keep getting paid in ETH until the treasury is fully diversified.
- No DXD vesting contract - I said I would do it in my last worker proposal, but I actually think this might have been a good decision given gas costs…
Logistics & compensation
- This proposal is intended to cover work in February 2021 and March 2021 at Level 5 in the Worker Compensation Guidelines. As with January, this will be at 90% worker commitment as I continue to write the Dose of DeFi newsletter.
- February & March Compensation
- $7200 each month done through two xDai proposals
- $5400 DXD each month, priced at Coingecko ATH ($523) or 10.33 DXD a month vested for 2 years with a one year cliff, to be issued once a payroll system is in place
- 0.1667% REP, to be bundled in a single transaction for several REP awards or through a new scheme to implement multiple REP awards
Previous Worker Proposals: