Below is a scope of work to be done from December 1, 2021 - January 31st, 2022 for Caney Fork LLC. I am powers_chris on keybase & telegram, Powers on the forum and Discord and “Chris” on calls. “Powers” also completely acceptable :-x. See Caney Fork Worker Recap (October & November) for reflections on the past worker proposal.
The proposed scope of work covers the following squads:
- Governance 50%
- DXvoice 30%
- Contributor UX 10%
- Ecosystem development and security 10%
This period also covers the holiday season here in the U.S. as well as the end of my partner’s maternity leave, so I will be taking some extra time, which I also hope will clear my head and make me more productive.
So, starting next week, I will be on “reading period”, which is a time in some American colleges before finals when there are no classes, so you can study & catch up on reading.
From December 20 through January 7, I will be mostly unavailable, doing admin work for Caney Fork, catching up on reading, and relaxing/spending time with family, while maintaining core governance responsibilities. I will be on Wednesdays’ governance discussion for these weeks but otherwise plan to take a break from calls and other commitments. I will still monitor the proposal queue and vote/boost where appropriate (governance never sleeps). I’ll also be available for any dire items, but will default to being off-line, and not checking Keybase every minute.
I estimate that this will be a 10% worker commitment during these days but I will adjust this upon payout depending on the actual time spent.
Going into 2022, I plan to focus more on two areas:
- Holistic analysis of DXdao governance and recommendations. Coming off of the Proposal Taxonomy, I plan to work on efficiency improvements to DXdao governance. Hopefully, this follows similar efforts as the Gov 2.0 working group, the DXD buyback program or the Manifesto. This will play into Gov 2.0 implementation but also ideas/themes on making DXdao governance more efficient and innovating on decentralized governance approaches.
- More active in furthering DXdao’s place in the broader decentralized governance conversation and sharing Caney Fork’s perspective on this. This started in December with a post on Govern This newsletter on “DAO Sovereignty”. I hope to do one of these a month and also be more active in the broader DAO conversation, continuing off my talk at the DAOist and on Chris Blec podcast.
Further explanation of Caney Fork’s responsibilities and goals:
- Work with @dlabs to organize weekly governance calls, organized under #Governance tag.
- Facilitate DXD Buyback Program execution along with @dlabs . Help manage proposal process, track and communicate progress and adjust program in conjunction with community feedback and market conditions
- Support DXgov team and test/troubleshoot DXvote
- Form DXD Tokenholders Group to get feedback on DXD liquidity practices
- Support gov_dev and provide feedback in DXvote testing
- Work with @KeenanL on proposing a new DXD tokenomics design.
- Dxdao budget with @dlabs and @allyq
- Goals and deliverables: $5m in total DXD purchased by Jan 31, forward looking budget by January 25, DXD Token holders post by Jan 31, REP sync forum post by January 15, DXD tokenomics forum post by January 15, 2022.
- Contribute to Month in Review and other DXdao blog posts/articles
- Explore Chinese and Russian translations for DXvoice content
- Provide strategic guidance on marketing campaigns, posts, tweets and other content
- Contribute to DXdao’s public-facing efforts
- Goals and deliverables: December MIR by 12/5, Governance thought leadership post by Jan 30, translation proposal to DXvoice squad by January 15, 2021
- Work on compensation update with @Melanie and Contributor UX squad
- Attend weekly contributor UX call and provide guidance.
- Goals and deliverables: New compensation structure passed on-chain by Dec 31, DXD vesting distribution signal proposal by December 23
- Monitor proposal submissions and other security measures
- This proposal is intended to cover work in December 2021 and January 2021 at Level 5 in the Worker Compensation Guidelines. If there are any updates to the compensation guidelines that go into effect during the period in this worker proposal, then Caney Fork is entitled to the updated compensation as part of any update, to be paid at whatever level is accepted by REP holders at the next worker proposal.
- As mentioned previously, this will be at 90% worker commitment as I continue to write the Dose of DeFi newsletter. From December 20 - January 7th, I will be at 10% commitment during my “Reading Period”. With Christmas & New Year’s eve accounted for, this comes out to a 60% worker commitment for December, and for January, a 71% commitment for January.
- Using a coingecko ATH of $844 and December 1, 2021 as worker proposal start date
- ETH/stablecoin compensation $4,800
- Mainnet REP award (month) 1,696.2
- Number of DXD vested for 2 years with 1 year cliff 4.27
- ETH/stablecoin compensation $5,680
- Mainnet REP award (month) 2,007
- Number of DXD vested for 2 years with 1 year cliff 5.05
- Worker Proposal - Caney Fork [July/August]
- Worker Proposal - Caney Fork [August/September]
- Worker Proposal - Caney Fork [October/November]
- Worker Proposal - Caney Fork [December/January]