Caden Rain Worker Proposal 8/1/2021 through 9/30/2021

Update: Alchemy proposal is live: Alchemy | DAOstack

Timeframe:

• 8/1/2021 through 9/30/2021

Completed work:

• Conducted cross-channel marketing for Omen and Swapr with @KeenanL.
  • Created and took the lead on ongoing Omen initiatives:
  • Identified numerous Omen bug fixes/improvements. Most notably, my Omen LP improvement proposal which was successfully implemented thanks to @KadenZipfel is now reducing max Omen LP loss dramatically. Also conducted competitive analysis for Omen.
  • Provided feedback and suggestions on a variety of topics such as Swapr LP farming, Omen guild design, etc.
  • Worked on various other projects such as @Tammy’s Omen Video project, and provided writing/marketing support for all co-contributors who’ve requested it.

Responsibilities:

• Marketing: Conduct cross-channel marketing for Omen and Swapr.
  • Thought Leadership: Create, then lead the PAR group - I plan to dedicate a larger portion of my time to creating and organizing this group which will focus on expanding the prediction market industry pie and attracting the big fish to Omen - we’re talking polling companies, research firms, and betting sites! I appreciate the support I’ve received on this, especially from @Arhat who’s found multiple leads for me to reach out to. The PAR group goes in tandem with my Omen marketing work, and depending on the ultimate composition of the PAR group I may write as well as edit for the PAR group - TBD.
  • Innovation: Come up with new ideas and innovations and share feedback on DXdao strategy and initiatives across products.
  • Writing: Work on writing/editing/ideation for Omen-related projects and initiatives.
  • Aqua Branding: As of 8/3/2021, I agreed to work in the future on Aqua’s long-term branding development (not for the MVP). I plan to in the future work with the Aqua team to develop a memorable and cohesive brand that is integrated within Aqua’s website, and gather feedback from all stakeholders about it - see this post for some of my preliminary thoughts about this.

Compensation - Previous work period:

• I took off half a day, so I will be cutting my pay that I request in my worker payout request on Alchemy by 2.3% for the past month.
  • For my work I’ve completed and not yet been compensated for, I will be requesting:
    • $4,690
    • $7,326 DXD based on all-time high price of $523.77, which comes out to 13.987 DXD vested per standard vesting terms
    • 4,297 REP
  • See my previous worker proposal: Caden Rain Worker Proposal 5/17/2021- 7/31/2021 which was passed on-chain here: Alchemy | DAOstack

Work Schedule - 8/1 through 9/30:

• While I’ve had a positive experience contributing at DXdao so far overall, I have experienced frustration with receiving KeyBase message notifications at all hours of the day and night, and sometimes on the weekend. This has also caused me to be less productive at work. For this reason, I plan to disable KeyBase notifications entirely outside of my workday and on the weekends. During the workday, I will also set aside 3 out of 8 hours each day to work in a more focused way, with notifications disabled and ideally with my phone in another room entirely. I believe that this will also allow me to be more productive, as I can be easily distracted, but if it doesn’t work for whatever reason then I’ll be responsive to feedback. I’m also willing to provide my phone number to co-contributors who need it so they can reach me outside of these hours in the event of an emergency.
    • My regular work day will be from 9am to 5pm CST MON-THURS and 9am to 1pm FRI. I will keep notifications enabled from 9am to 11:30am CST and from 2:30pm to 5pm CST MON-THURS, and from 9am to 11:30am FRI. These hours tend to be the times I receive the most relevant notifications anyways. I may update these hours, in which case I’ll edit this post to update them here.
    • I’m reducing my time so that I’ll have Friday afternoons off (4 hours of the afternoon off each Friday as explained in my new work schedule above).
  • These changes will also be a value add for DXdao because I expect they will allow me to get more done with my time!

Compensation - 8/1 through 9/30

• 90% time at Experience Level 3. While I believe that my current performance and responsibilities meet the level 4 guidelines, I am remaining at level 3 based on feedback I received and to demonstrate my commitment to continuing my career at DXdao as I continue to prove myself.
  • I would like to bank myself two days of time off to use as I see fit, for which I will reduce my compensation in advance for August (31 days in August - 9 weekend days = 22 work days) (20/22 = 0.909). Additionally, I will not be working on Labor Day (September 6).

Note: This proposal falls under the current Contributor Guidelines, enacted on February 17, 2021. Should DXdao approve any changes to the Contributor Guidelines Compensation Structure that go into effect during my stated contract period, I reserve the right (but do not have an obligation) to introduce an updated DAOtalk post and on-chain proposal to adjust the above stated compensation amounts to reflect the new compensation structure.

6 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed working with @Caden over the past two months. He’s taken a lot of initiative with Omen’s social media and documentation and has provided great feedback on the Omen landing page video, set to be complete in the coming weeks.

Caden will also be working with a proposed branding contractor for Omen – more information to come – on establishing Omen’s brand in the near future.

On your frustrations with Keybase, I agree with Caden regarding the constant notifications. I’ve also turn off my notifications and just check-in frequently while I work. It’s not a perfect system, but much less distracting.

3 Likes

Caden has been very engaged with DXdao and its products throughout his previous proposal period. He can be regularly found in calls, chats and the forum sharing his ideas and offering input. He has also been outputting marketing content/tweets/articles in both quantity and quality; a bit of focus may be needed regarding consistency.

I’ve also been watching Caden fill his own unique niche within DXdao. As a Marketing focused individual with a passion for prediction markets he has been integrating directly with the Omen squad beyond a marketing standpoint, although I am not the one to weigh in on the value of this.

All-in-all, Caden had a successful first contributor proposal period and has been a welcome addition to DXvoice. My thoughts mirror @Tammy’s, and I am excited to have @Caden continue to grow within DXdao!

3 Likes