This is Caden Rain (cadenr on Keybase and Caden#3651 on Discord). I’ve been following DXdao for some time, and I have a lot of ideas for how I can contribute to the Marketing efforts here, specifically to Omen. I was formally introduced to the community by @JohnKelleher and have talked with @KeenanL about projects to work on during my trial period. I also discussed my contribution plan with the Marketing and Communications team as a whole on the most recent call.
I’ve been a user of various online prediction markets, and I understand the pain points the online prediction markets community struggles with. Omen provides excellent relief from the problems associated with the most popular online prediction market, Predictlt. Omen has significantly lower fees, no betting limits, and is decentralized. But despite Omen’s numerous benefits, the platform suffers from few users and low liquidity. My primary focus will be on closing this communication gap and allowing Omen to realize the full potential of its underlying technology! In the next 2.5 months my goals are to start and execute on the following initiatives:
- Acquire users for Omen
- Increase awareness of Omen within the online betting community
- Provide marketing and writing support for a variety of projects
Trial Period: 17th May 2021 - 27th May 2021
27th May 2021 - 31st July 2021 (contingent on the trial period)
- Conduct marketing and build awareness for Omen across a variety of channels including online prediction markets-related Telegram chats, Discord servers, and the comments section on PredictIt
- Write Tweets for DXdao and Omen
- Assist with a variety of projects where I can apply my marketing and writing expertise such as the DXdao rebranding, updating the copy on the DXdao landing page, and any other projects that may arise
- Marketing page comparing the differences between PredictIt and Omen (this is a very favorable comparison for Omen)
- Guide to Omen for users who’ve bet on PredictIt or another online prediction market before, but are new to Omen
- Guide to Omen for users who are completely new to betting on prediction markets
The marketing page and guides I create will be essential for Omen to acquire additional users and realize the full potential of the platform. I will also use the comments section of PredictIt to inform PredictIt users about the low-fee alternative of Omen. This has been a highly successful strategy for Omen’s leading competitor Polymarket, it’s how I found out about Polymarket , and Omen would be wise to learn from this success. I’ll also conduct guerrilla marketing and awareness building across a variety of other channels including prediction-markets related Telegram chats, Discord servers, and more.
Level 3, Full Time
Trial period (50%):
Base Salary: $1500 DXD: $1000 REP: 0.0417%
Contingent on successful trial period, following two months (80%):
Base Salary: $9600 (80% x $6000/month x 2 months), 50% to be paid at the beginning of the work period and 50% to be paid at the conclusion of the work period DXD: $6400 (80% x $4000/month x 2 months) REP: 0.2666%
My professional experience is in marketing and writing, and I have a Bachelors in Business Administration from Northeastern University. My work experience can be found here:
Some articles I’ve played a key role in editing during my time at Dell include the following:
I had a hand in writing and scheduling many Tweets from the Dell Technologies Services Twitter account during my time at the company, which can be found on Twitter.