Hola a todos, I have been contributing to DXdao since 05/2020, first I started helping DXtrust (aka bonding curve dapp) development, then I started working and experimenting on other governance/security initiatives and after that, I moved to the dxswap project (what is swpr now) doing the fork of uniswap v2 and adding the extra features DXdao wanted to add, after that the swpr team was formed and they took over the dapp development.
After swpr I started with the development and research of DXvote, which is now our governance dapp.
Dxvote was deployed in mainnet and xdai on 09/20 after being working on it for several months, after that, I helped in the organization of the gov dev squad, a group of developers that took over DXvote development.
DXvote is used now as the technical playground and alternative governance application to Alchemy.
On June 2022 we decided to fork DXvote into project DAVI (Decentralzied Autonomous Voting Interface) which will provide a governance interface for our new DAO smart contracts and ERC20Guilds.
This is my seventh contributor proposal, which will be focused on a new role I want to take in DXdao as “Development/Technical Manager”, which can be seen also as a DXdao Developer Leader, infinite hackathon, and smart contract development.
For me, a contributor proposal is paid in full at the end of the contributor period taking into count how much was it covered from the proposal submitted on chain at the start of the period. Like worker proposals the user needs to create two proposals, one at the start of the period and one at the end, but the contributor proposal opens gives more importance to the goals and forces them to be more detailed, while also allowing to have some responsibilities, to allow an easier evaluation from the dao at the end of the contributor period.
From 01/09/2022 to 31/12/2022. (four months)
It was going to be a three months proposal but since we have like 15 days in Colombia in October and it is about taking over more responsabilities and a new role I thought it would be better to have a four months length proposal that finish right on the end of the year.
- Finish the dxdao governance smart contracts v2, new Avatar, Controller, Reputation, WalletScheme, and DXDVotingMachine.
- Guide and help the dxgov team on improving the dxdao-contracts developer operations and documentation to have a simple and flexible guilds & dao deployment process.
- Help and guide dxgov testing dxdao migration to new governance contracts v2.
- On board a security/solidity consultant/auditor/educator into dxdao.
- On board a solidity senior dev/tech lead into swpr with @0xVenky.
- Kickstart cross-squad solidity collaboration.
- Work with DXgov team in Bogota and after bogota to design a DXDVotingMachine that will support Gov 2.0 Requirements
- Technical Development Manager.
Think of all DXdao developers being part of a football team, the team has different groups working on defense, offense, free kicks, etc. Every football team has a manager that makes sure each player is playing in the position they feel more comfortable in and where they can deliver the best for the team, sometime they might have to switch positions or help other players. The manager has the responsibility to make sure the team is going to be in the best shape possible, with high morale and a good team spirit to win as many matches as they can.
This is what I am proposing to start doing in dxdao, manage the developers, all our squads use a very similar programming stack (fullstack js with reactjs) and all the smart contracts are written in the same language (soidity). I have lot of experience in building applications and smart contracts while making sure they follow strong technical requirements.
With the help of Ross I managed to create a good technical, collaborative and hacker culture in the dxgov team, I plan to replicate it in the rest of the squads, to share as much technical stack as they can to make sure they can cross collaborate if needed and wanted, increasing their experience and strengthening community bonds.
I will focus on bringing solutions to dxgov, swpr and carrot devs and team leaders, by following up as close as I can on what they are working on, how, and why.
The other very important part of this new role is to help squads establish clear goals and objectives for every period, based on the discussion had the past over the past months regarding the use of our developer resources and what are we getting from them, as development manager I will help teams sets achievable goals that will also help dxdao financially, not adding features cause they are cool, we want to build and fork cool stuff that will make us earn money and sustain our hacker culture and make our investors as happy as we can.
Also I plan to start a developer board where we will track all contributions from dxdao developers, each developer would be able to choose a contribution per month and we will do a monthly review of it, we will see something like:
Total issues opened/closed.
Total PRs merged.
Total lines of coded added/removed.
Special mentions to contributions.
And I think we can even start a developer of the month NFT where developers would vote between them and choose the dxdao dev of the month.
- Maintain dxvote legacy application stability.
- Manage and execute audits of dxdao smart contracts and products, communicating with audit firms and auditors to set up audits, and handle communications between them and dxdao squads.
- Lead DXhackathon technical side organization of the event (talks, technical content, selection, and judging process)
- Help @melanie to work with lateral on the dxretreat design.
- Collaborate with @melanie to create an ongoingrecruiting strategy for Senior Solidity developers.
- Lead weekly developer calls, have demos, cool PRs shared, and special guests, every two weeks, make them more technical/hacker focused.
- Estimating 100% time commitment
- Contributor Level: 8
- DAI : 36000 USD.
- DXD: 19000 USD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting 01/09/2022.
- REP: 0.32% at based on the latest REP supply on mainnet at the moment of submitting the worker payment.
All or most of these goals should be accomplished.
- DXdao governance smart contracts audit by omega team complete.
- ERC20Guilds smart contracts audit by sigma prime team complete.
- DXvote minimal stable version for legacy dxdao-contracts.
- dxdao-contracts (new dao contracts) v2 ready integrated into DAVI.
- Start monthly dxdao developer update, share on what the developers have been working on, the pull request they selected for the developer update and the start developer of the month awards.
- A solidity security/consultant/educator onboarded on dxdao.
- A senior dapp developer onboarded on dxdao to work on swpr.
- Squads collaborating with each other on solidity smart contract development/reviews.
- Have a DXDVotingMachine smart contract ready to be audited to be used as core of DXdao Gov 2.0 Voting System.
- 9 years as full-stack web developer, 7 years working with blockchain stuff - augustol.eth
- Contribution Proposal #6
- Contribution Proposal #5
- Contribution Proposal #4
- Contribution Proposal #3
- Contribution Proposal #2
- Contribution Proposal #1
- Contribution Work 3/2021
- Worker Proposal 1/2021 - 2/2021
- Worker Proposal 11/2020 - 12/2020
- Worker Proposal 09/2020 - 10/2020
- Worker Proposal 07/2020 - 08-2020
- Worker Proposal 05/2020 - 06-2020
- Worker Proposal 04/2020