Welcome to DAOtalk forum (running on Discourse). This is where the DAOs ran on DAOstack have constructive conversations. Please sign up & participate, it is much more convenient than chats + it’s indexed by search engine.
You are now under the section: DAOs --> PolkaDAO.
Let’s get started with the onboarding guide for Ambassadors & Apprentices to get their PolkaDAO Rep!
Safety first. Regarding how you manage your wallet, make sure you:
- understand: YOUR WALLET = YOUR ID
- use a dedicated wallet for PolkaDAO - it will make bookkeeping much simpler
- use a fresh wallet - that has no previous transactions linked to it
- ONLY SEND FUNDS FROM EXCHANGES to this wallet - so the coins are mixed (with other coins of the exchange) and it’s impossible to trace back to your main/hardware wallet
- USE A “PETTY CASH” WALLET, holding funds you don’t mind loosing - I recommend not using a hardware wallet it’ll be a pain in the ass to use every time you need to vote/stake/etc & you won’t want to transport this around with you at all time (i.e. when traveling, attending a meetup)
More on this: DAO Members Safety - Mixing your funds
1/ Go to https://alchemy.daostack.io
2/ Click on PolkaDAO
3/ Click on “Contribution Reward Scheme” (roughly: schemes are proposal categories)
4/ Click on “Connect” & use the wallet of your choice - once connected, refresh the page just in case
5/ Click on “New proposal” & follow the instructions below
FYI: your SIVT (Social Identity Verification Tweet) should just say something like “#PolkaDAO registration: I am John Doe. This is my Social Identity Verification Tweet #SIVT”, such as:
GIVE AT LEAST A FEW MINUTES FOR THE PROPOSAL TO BE CREATED & APPEAR IN THE LIST. Once it does, proceed with the last step…
6/ Last but not least, once you have submitted your proposal: YOU HAVE TO STAKE ON IT otherwise it will most likely not pass.
_Why you ask? staking on your proposal will make it go in the other Queues: shorten the time members can vote on it & lower the requirement for passing (more on this in another post)
_Get your GEN tokens: on Uniswap or Kyberswap - it’s fast & easy
_Guide on how to stake on a proposal:
Any question, just ask in this thread or in the Riot Chat Room.