DXdao <> Almonit collaboration
Almonit is excited to offer collaboration with DXDAO as we move forward in building the necessary tools for decentralized organizations and communities.
We are currently working on Alpress, a self-governing publication platform, based purely on ENS + IPFS and smart contracts. While Alpress looks like a traditional platform (i.e., Medium), it is actually fully decentralized.
For DXdao – We are looking to create DAO accounts (See first partnership Vertical). This will allow the DAO to own a blog and delegate writers that can publish under the DXdao Alpress blog, creating a decentralized publishing process and content ownership by the DXdao.
Shortly before the end of the year holidays we shared Alpress MVP with DXdao and received some great feedback (see dx_dao#Almonit channel in Keybase).
More recently, we published 3 documents outlining our future path with Alpress. As you will be able to see it is inspired and highly influenced by the structure and the emergence structure of the DXdao.
- The Self-Governing Internet Organizations Manifest (Part I),
- The Self-Governing Internet Organizations Manifest (Part II),
- Alpress - building a self-governing organization.
Alignment of values
Our goal is to create a truly decentralized platform following the Self-Governing Organization principles. Commonly in the Ethereum Ecosystem, such statements are used as a marketing ploy rather than an actual organization goal, however, it is not the case both with Almonit and DXdao.
We believe decentralization is a core value and goal of both organizations, creating a strong alignment of values and a high potential for long term partnership.
We outline three potential verticals for collaboration. The first is short term and executable, and the other two are to start a discussion and work on the execution plan in the near future.
1. Build the necessary tooling and create a DXdao Decentralized blog (Immediate)
- Create a DXblog with all previous content and transfer ownership to the DXdao.
- Polish and bring the Alpress dapp to a release-ready state.
- Develop tools for DXdao to own and govern the blog and give publishing permissions to relevant accounts.
1-February–2021 till 1-April-2021
To cover the costs of development we are requesting $15,000 USD.
- 7.5K USD via the first approved proposal
- 7.5k USD to be given once the DAO account feature in Alpress is delivered.
This amount will be divided among three people over two months. It is meant for us to be able to finish the development process quickly and smoothly.
2. Fundraiser via DXdao tools
Inspired by DXdao, Almonit is exploring the possibility of a fundraiser in a fair, DAO based manner in order to support the future efforts and development of the platform.
Almonit is looking into using Mesa and/or Fairmint for this and would like to collaborate with the DXdao on Technical aspects, sale structure, bonding curve, community aspects, and more
We are aiming for May-June for this effort
3. Investment and ongoing collaboration
Investment of the DXdao into the Alpress fundraiser. A first decentralized DAO-to-DAO investment in the space. Further details to be decided regarding Reputation, Almonit Token bonus, and other nitty-gritty details.
- Community collaboration (ongoing). We would like to continue the development of Alpress with ongoing feedback and involvement of DXdao community. Our goal is that DXdao members and the DAO itself would be users of Alpress once it’s ready.
- Co-Governance in Alpress (once Alpress DAO is live). DXdao would be warmly invited to be a member of Alpress DAO and participate in its governance.
We think there is great collaboration potential between DXdao and Almonit. In this post, we have outlined a basic roadmap for this collaboration starting with minimal effort from both ends.
As we continue the engagement we expect to further build trust and confidence between the organizations for a fruitful long-term partnership.