0xKLOM.eth Contributor Proposal for 11/2022 to 1/2023(!)

Time Frame: November 3rd, 2022 - Janurary 3rd, 2023.

(Adjusted 2-day removal from previous proposal for partial commitment days between Oct 31st to Nov 4th).

Position: DXvoice coordinator, Community Leader, Internal Operations and Documentation

Background:

Hi!

This previous period was complicated yet chocked full of interesting moments. Between exciting DXvoice initiatives, Devcon, DXretreat 2022 and the restructuring of our organization, 0xKLOM.eth has been around all things DXdao.

Leading restructuring efforts was an unexpected highlight of the previous period. I was unhappy with the direction and state of organizational discussions and felt like if I had not stepped in, nobody would. At this stage, the restructuring feels to be in an incredible place. Toxicity has shifted to open discussion, and everything is feeling incredibly transparent. It also came at a great time, as DXvoice finalized its preparations for Bogota events, and SWPR emissions winded down.

However, its not been without its toll; I have been really struggling in my personal life due to my inability to disconnect and my desire to be available all throughout the day (and night when insomnia is around…) I need to focus on bettering myself and stop compiling excess stress where possible, as it has led to serious health problems recently. As such I’ll be trying to condone to a contribution window for this coming period.

0xKLOM.eth will be contributing between 1600 - 2400 UTC each day on this proposal (adjusted for any necessary calls) and trying to remain disconnected outside of this window.

0xKLOM.eth has a few forum posts worth checking out from this last period:

Reflection on previous proposal:

In reflection of my previous proposal, September to November, what I think I did well includes:

• Restructuring - 0xKLOM.eth has committed to various avenues of restructuring discussions, including forum threads, calls and key presentations/discussions at DXretreat 2022. I couldn’t be happier with the results thus far, with DXdao accomplishing a signal of its problems, a solution to reach them, and various large-scale discussions about the direction to point surrounding product and organization.
  • General Content and DXvoice Strategy - Although communication of goals, internally and externally, still requires additional work, general DXvoice output has increased dramatically yet again, with a variety of product-specific initiatives reaching an impressive state. I’ve spent lots of time thinking about DXvoice’s future as an squad, how it can operate independently while integrating far earlier into product lifecycle, and the possibility of merging Bizdev operations under one blanket voice. Keep an eye out for a DXvoice presentation within the coming week surrounding operational inefficiencies and how DXdao should approach non-technical strategy.

What I think I could improve on:

• Operation Decentralization - Although an increased focus on restructuring and general governance initiatives had minimal impact on my regular responsibilities, one place it DID was with Operation Decentralization. Colombia-related content and timelined restructuring proposals continued to move this priority down. I am aiming to solve this through informal scheduling and community call relaunch, granting additional windows for the initiative.

• Community Presence - The last period presented a large challenge for the community. General camaraderie itself is seriously diminished when discussions are consistently high-stakes and confrontational. Including the community call relaunch, there is still much to be done on the community side of DXdao and its products. I am looking to share some approaches to this alongside the coming DXvoice presentation.

Goals/Responsibilities:

[60%] DXvoice Coordination and Execution

• Lead DXdao’s “DXvoice” squad
    • Organize, run, and manage various initiatives including but not limited to squad calls, marketing processes, community calls, events, content coordination, etc…
    • Explore potential for DXvoice to further become a more independent entity with its own goals.
    • Coordinate DXvoice multi-sig execution
      • Continue to monitor and utilize annual expenditure sheet
    • Formally integrate and expand upon operational processes
      • Set intra-squad accountability and deadlines ahead of squad budgeting
    • Create process for stronger internal and external communication
      • Prevent situations where DXvoice works on something that is depreciated before launching
  • Keep third party representation of the DXdao brand consistent where possible
    • Coingecko, CMC, BF, articles, etc…
  • Continue to explore content push schedule
    • Encourage third-party involvement where feasible
  • Move forward as a public figure for the DXdao Community
  • Continue creation and curation of DXdao Discord servers and the related initiatives
    • Discord Quarterly REP boosts, etc
  • Write, Edit, and format content, including announcements, MIR, social threads, etc…
  • Continue to work alongside design to build out landing pages and other UX;
  • Continue to manage and automate inflow
    • User support, Bizdev opportunities, social media inflow, etc…
  • Explore external opportunities and partnerships to propagate DXdao mission

[15%] Governance

• Continue to lead discussions surrounding the restructuring of DXdao
    • Further assist in communicating and coordinating between REP and DXD holders to identify an equitable path to success for both parties.
  • Collect and display all relevant information required to dictate future restructuring proposals
  • Further guide the integration of DXD holder voice into DXdao governance ahead of Governance 2.0

[5%] Swapr and Carrot

• Continue to lead SWPR tokenomics and emissions discussion as needed
    • Identify and guide a potential SWPR tokenomics upgrade
    • Guide future of SWPR emissions and discussion avenues
  • Help push any Carrot front-end changes, including the introduction of new campaigns
  • Schedule and guide resolution process for DXdao deployed campaigns

[5%] Contributor Experience

• Continue to assist with the onboarding process
  • Help address contributor concerns
  • Assist squad with information as needed and relevant resources
  • Help maintain Open Positions document and Bounties, and export to DXdocs

[5%] DXdocs

• Continue to lead the DXdocs effort . Github here.
    • Create and format associated text, run the project board and ensure relevant deadlines are met.
  • Coordinate documentation resources from all active DXdao products and squad

[5%] BizDev

• Continue to cultivate Bizdev operations within DXdao social channels
    • Including Collaboratory channels and roles within Discord, Twitter outreach, etc.
  • Seek opportunities and present to BizDev squad/relevant community members
  • Manage inflow from community social channels surrounding bizdev opportunities
  • Become an “Ambassador” as needed

[5%] QA

• Assist with QA on new releases/before new releases as needed

Work Experience:

Compensation:

The previous proposals reflected an adjustment to the updated contributor guidelines. My personal context can be found here.

• Experience Level: 7
  • Full-time.
  • Month one.
    • $9,000 (xDai) + $81 (xDai).
    • $7,500 (DXD). Vested for 3 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.
  • Month two.
    • $9,000 (xDai) + $81 (xDai).
    • $7,500 (DXD). Vested for 3 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.

$81 accounts for the previously specified $36 monthly community tool costs (statbot, yagpdb, etc…), as well as $45 monthly expenditure of Discord boosts to attain level 2 (Better audio quality, banner, community server status, etc).

The first proposal will request Month one’s xDai at the beginning of the period. The second proposal will request Month two’s xDai, and 0.3334% mainnet REP on GC at the end of the period. The second proposal will also specify owed % of mainnet REP, and owed DXD based on the average price over the final month on Swapr provided it is above $523, otherwise $523 will be used.

6 Likes