0xKLOM.eth Contributor Proposal for 05/2022 to 06/2022

Time Frame: May 9th, 2022 - June 31st, 2022. Full-time with 40 workable days/2 months

Position: DXvoice coordinator, Community Leader, Internal Operations and Documentation

Background:

This previous period had a large focus on organization and coordination of the DXvoice squad. This included the onboarding of @whatt4 who has been executing social strategies for DXdao and its products, and @international.blue who is transitioning into a creative director for the DAO. It has been a pleasure working with the two of them thus far and both have demonstrated strong enthusiasm. DXvoice has also been looking into actionable metrics and budget formalization – authorizing its transition to a multi-chain multi-sig.

For context on the dates, I spent some time in March visiting Hawaii. I had one week fully disconnected, and another two partially. This varied day-by-day, but was roughly 50% on most days; with two of them extending further (blessed COW launch). As a result, I have put 9 workable days (5 days off + 8 days 50% = 9) BETWEEN my previous proposal that are not compensated. To be clear, these inactivity windows were in March, but for ease of accounting for both DXdao and 0xKLOM.eth, the dates for these inactivity windows were adjusted to after the original proposal date.

Reflection on previous proposal:

In reflection of my previous proposal, March - April, what I think I did well includes:

• Leadership and Coordination - Although there is still much to overcome, DXvoice is at its strongest point ever. I’ve worked closely with Wayne and Dirk surrounding day-to-day operations and outlooks. We’ve also been digging through KPI’s and budgetary organization, and aim to help bring the same coordination to all of DXdao’s squads.

• Swapr and Carrot Deployments - Although these are still more time consuming than I would like them to be, I feel as if the processes for discussing options and executing has been streamlined and campaigns have been consistently deployed without any hitches. Great job to everyone involved here.

What I think I could improve on:

• Documentation Currency - Things move quick at DXdao. Previously written and organized documentation quickly becomes out of date, inaccessible or otherwise. This coming period I want to keep myself on this pulse a bit closer, starting with a coming update of DXdao.eth and followed shortly thereafter with some DXdocs.eth changes.

• Marketing and Community - Although in general these focuses are improving dramatically and have resulted in fantastic performance as of late, there is still much more structure to be introduced to marketing DXdao and its products. Alongside the aforementioned budget I plan on introducing frameworks to additional marketing initiatives, starting with increased community engagement, additional advertising related partnerships, and exploring influencer relationships.

Goals/Responsibilities:

[65%] DXvoice Coordination and Execution

• Lead DXdao’s “DXvoice” squad
    • Organize, run, and manage various initiatives including but not limited to squad calls, marketing processes, community calls, events, content coordination, etc…
    • Explore the potential for DXvoice to further become a more independent entity with its own goals. Content as a service? Etc…
    • Coordinate DXvoice multi-sig execution
      • Continue to monitor and input annual expenditure sheet
  • Keep third party representation of the DXdao brand consistent where possible
    • Coingecko, CMC, BF, articles, etc…
  • Continue to push announcements and other content in waves via socials
    • Encouraging third party involvement where feasible
  • Move forward as a figurehead for the DXdao Community
  • Continue creation and curation of Discord and its related initiatives
    • Discord Quarterly REP boosts, etc
  • Elaborate on deadlines with Squad leads to cement strategy between DXvoice squad
    • Current targets include Jolt, Carrot V1 and Guilds.
  • Write, Edit, and format content including announcements, MIR, social threads, etc…
  • Continue to work alongside design to build out landing pages and other UX;
  • Continue to manage and automate inflow
    • User support, Bizdev opportunities, social media inflow, etc…
  • Further guide onboarding of new DXvoice contributors

[15%] Swapr and Carrot

• Reflect and explore upon SWPR tokenomics
    • Identify and guide a potential SWPR tokenomics upgrade
  • Guide the creation and deployment of monthly Carrot campaign proposals and call data
  • Actively manage and refine SWPR emission strategy
  • Guide the creation and deployment of monthly SWPR emissions proposals and call data
  • Communicate with partner projects and prospective partners surrounding emission schedule
  • Help push any Carrot front-end changes including introduction of new campaigns

[5%] Contributor Experience

• Continue to assist with the onboarding process
  • Help address contributor concerns, attend squad meetings
  • Guide community members through new Contributor Compensation Overhaul
  • Help maintain Open Positions document and Bounties, and export to DXdocs

[5%] DXdocs

• Continue to lead the DXdocs effort . Github here.
    • Create and format associated text, run the project board and ensure relevant deadlines are met.
  • Coordinate documentation resources from all active DXdao products and squad

[5%] BizDev

• Assist BizDev squad
    • Including DXventures, Swapr partnerships, etc…
  • Continue to cultivate Bizdev operations within DXdao social channels
    • Including Collaboratory channels and roles within Discord, Twitter outreach, etc.
  • Seek opportunities and present to BizDev squad/relevant community members
  • Manage inflow from community social channels surrounding bizdev opportunities
  • Become an “Ambassador” as needed

[5%] QA

• Assist with QA on new releases/before new releases when needed

Work Experience:

Compensation:

The previous proposals reflected an adjustment to the updated contributor guidelines. My personal context can be found here.

• Experience Level: 7
  • Full-time.
  • Month one.
    • $9,000 (xDai) + $81 (xDai).
    • $7,500 (DXD). Vested for 3 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.
  • Month two.
    • $9,000 (xDai) + $81 (xDai).
    • $7,500 (DXD). Vested for 3 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.

$81 accounts for the previously specified $36 monthly community tool costs (statbot, yagpdb, etc…), as well as $45 monthly expenditure of Discord boosts to attain level 2 (Better audio quality, banner, community server status, etc). Although these community costs are still small, I plan on transitioning them to the multi-chain DXvoice multi-sig once authorized.

The first proposal will request Month one’s xDai at the beginning of the period. The second proposal will request Month two’s xDai, and 0.3334% mainnet REP on GC at the end of the period. The second proposal will also specify owed % of mainnet REP, and owed DXD based on average price over the final month on Swapr provided it is above $523, otherwise $523 will be used.

10 Likes

Thanks @KeenanL for all the help and direction. Looking very much forward to what the squad can take on and achieve for the DAO :rocket:

5 Likes

Keenan does a lot behind the scenes, as well as being a public face (or voice) for DXdao in the community.

One of the things that Keenan has been leading is the Carrot deployments and Swapr farming on Gnosis Chain. This has been a big help, and I do think it should be listed in his scope of work/goals/responsibilities, so that it can be properly appreciated (and accounted for).

7 Likes

Thank you @Powers and @whatt4!

It’s definitely been easy to lose track of all the various initiatives, in fact, I’m sure there are more that I’ve glossed over yet (or aren’t quite ready to reveal).

I appreciate the attention call here surrounding deployments, and have made adjustments to the goals section to better reflect my time allocation and responsibilities.

4 Likes