0xKLOM.eth Contributor Proposal for 01/2022 to 03/2022

Time Frame: January 3rd, 2022 - February 27th, 2022. Full-time with 40 workable days/2 months

Position: DXvoice coordinator, Community Leader, Internal Operations and Documentation

Background: This proposal comes a bit late, but hopefully gives a unique in-progress look at this contribution window.

So far in this period, notable accomplishments include:

Despite still being relatively early, there is lots to be done! Most notably of which including ETHdenver, which we are continuing to prepare for.

Reflection on previous proposal:

In reflection of my previous proposal, November - January, what I think I did well includes:

• Discord REP Boosts - Similarly to a previous period, I believe that the Discord REP Boosts have been successfully accomplishing the goal of further decentralizing governance AND involving the community with said governance. Q4 proposals are starting to pass now!
  • Community - Between our growing community channels, impressions and weekly calls; the community is, to me, in the strongest state it has ever been. Additional design capacity has also allowed us to include fun POAPs, custom icons and celebratory material. Incredibly excited coming into the new year to facilitate this growth further.

What I think I could improve on:

• Social Consistency - This has been a difficult one to manage with the team size reducing, but we have fallen a bit behind in consistency of socials, particularly for the non-flagship accounts. To rectify, we are onboarding a contributor focused on socials and the community, as well as preparing a social schedule (including application of the 1:10 post to engagement ratio).
  • DXdocs - Despite an increased focus in my previous period, documentation still happened to fall between the gaps of my other obligations. I’ve since identified the primary issue being an overload of responsibilities at DXvoice, especially with Caden’s hiatus. With the help of @Melanie, we have been focusing on filling glaring gaps in the squad that should both reduce pressure on me, and allow for more focus on documentation. My current goal is to have the larger update prepared for ETHdenver, but am prioritizing onboarding.

Goals/Responsibilities:

[65%] DXvoice Coordination and Execution

• Lead DXdao’s “DXvoice” squad
    • Organize, run, and manage various initiatives including but not limited to squad calls, marketing processes, community calls, events, content coordination, etc…
    • Explore the potential for DXvoice to become a more independent entity with its own goals. Content as a service? Etc…
    • Coordinate DXvoice multi-sig execution
      • Continue to monitor and input annual expenditure sheet
  • Keep third party representation of the DXdao brand consistent
    • Coingecko, CMC, BF, articles, etc…
  • Continue to push announcements and other content in waves via socials
    • Encouraging third party involvement where feasible
  • Move forward as a figurehead for the DXdao Community
    • Potential to slowly shift into thought leadership, if the opportunity presents itself
  • Continue creation and curation of Discord and its related initiatives
    • Discord Quarterly REP boosts, etc
  • Elaborate on deadlines with Squad leads to cement strategy between DXvoice squad
    • Would like to further improve here, including cross squad timelining.
  • Write, Edit, and format content including announcements, MIR, social threads, etc…
  • Finalize Landing Page efforts including;
    • Finalize and publish Swapr landing page once dApp merge complete.
    • Restore and coordinate Omen landing page incl. documentation processes as needed
  • Continue to manage and automate inflow
    • User support, Bizdev opportunities, social media inflow, etc…
  • Continue with SWPR tokenomics and liquidity mining plan adjustments
  • Further guide onboarding of new DXvoice contributors

[10%] Contributor Experience

• Continue to assist with the onboarding process
  • Help address contributor concerns, attend squad meetings
  • Guide through Contributor Compensation Overhaul
  • Help maintain Open Positions document and Bounties, and export to DXdocs

[10%] DXdocs

• Continue to lead the DXdocs effort . Github here.
    • Create and format associated text, run the project board and ensure relevant deadlines are met.
  • Coordinate documentation resources from all active DXdao products and squad

[5%] BizDev

• Assist BizDev squad
    • Including DXventures, Aqua IDOs, Swapr partnerships, etc…
  • Continue to cultivate Bizdev operations within DXdao social channels
    • Including Collaboratory channels and roles within Discord, Twitter outreach, etc.
  • Seek opportunities and present to BizDev squad/relevant community members
  • Manage inflow from community social channels surrounding bizdev opportunities
  • Become an “Ambassador” as needed

[5%] QA

• Assist with QA on new releases/before new releases when needed

Work Experience:

Compensation:

This proposal reflects my translation to the updated contributor guidelines. After discussion with relevant contributors and considering my reviews from the new review program, I will be posting this proposal at level 7. My responsibility pool including leadership tasks, to me, fairly put me within the bounds of level 7. Although personally, I would consider myself freshly within this level, and I believe I still have lots of room for personal growth and time before considering any further adjustments. This comes on the tail end of 0xKLOM.eth transitioning to level 5 on the original compensation guidelines.

• Experience Level: 7
  • Full-time.
  • Month one.
    • $9,000 (xDai) + $81 (xDai).
    • $7,500 (DXD). Vested for 3 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.
  • Month two.
    • $9,000 (xDai) + $81 (xDai).
    • $7,500 (DXD). Vested for 3 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.

$81 accounts for the previously specified $36 monthly community tool costs (statbot, yagpdb, etc…), as well as $45 monthly expenditure of Discord boosts to attain level 2 (Better audio quality, banner, community server status, etc). Although these community costs are still small, I would like to transition these to either their own proposal or the multi-sig as the costs grow - bonus benefit of deeper accountability and a trail that can be followed if I were to disappear.

The first proposal will request Month one’s xDai at the beginning of the period. The second proposal will request Month two’s xDai, and 0.3334% mainnet REP on GC at the end of the period. The second proposal will also specify owed % of mainnet REP, and owed DXD based on average price over the final month on Swapr provided it is above $523, otherwise $523 will be used.

8 Likes